Thursday, March 5, 2015

I was sitting in a cemetery of an abandoned church with two friends
The sun had set and the moon was muted, low in the sky or crescent or diffused in cloud.
My thoughts drifted off into exile and stumbled over an idea which suddenly awoke me
I felt detached from reality
I was tripping, through the infinite perceptions that hover around us
It was dreamlike yet hyperreal
It was my Eureka, Flux Capacitor, moment
I saw then what I’ve never been able to unsee since.

Had I been learned in Math I could have described the idea best in terms of a 4th spatial dimension that allows magnitudes of inverse proportion appear equal.

Had I been articulate and versed in modern psychology I would have witnessed the idea as a derangement or transcendence of the senses, like synesthesia. I’d have dwelt on how the senses we experience are a totally subjective interpretation of the environment. And the imagination is limited to regurgitating permutations and exaggerations on the familiar subjectivity.

A Buddhist would see that death = birth.

A simple Christian would conclude the co-existence of good and evil.

I guess the idea was commonplace throughout humankind,
All cultures had a version of it, mangled into compatibility with their cultural memes.

I had taken an image of the idea from the trance, a memento, like bringing Freddie Kruger’s hat back from a nightmare into your bed,
The image was a poor shadow of experiencing the idea
but I used it as a point of focus
trying to interpret the idea I had experienced
I stayed there, interrogating the universal self

The image I had was a cone of neon light, the wide end of the cone went out toward an infinite circumference and the narrow end toward zero.

I was doing time in the universal mind
I’m the freedom man
that’s how lucky I am

No comments: