Sunday, September 22, 2024

 

Nostalgia

I was angry when I said cunts

I should have opened the thesaurus and described things better

I was upset

I was annoyed that the world had blown itself up.

As a naive teenager I’d presumed we’d all align someday

There’d be no enemy, only a healthy rivalry, that made us all stronger

The global village was most definitely not a zero sum game.

We’d shake off the literal God and division

and get with the program

Time began at the Big Bang

Ideas of before and after the Universe 

are false human interpretations of things

Anthropomorphic

Before consciousness, back when it was better described as sentience

When evolution was playing out across millions of years of sentient creatures living their lives under the sun, which burns a phenomenal amount of mass every hour, as atoms collide and combine into new elements at the core, and mass is converted to energy

Our love of Legends and Mythology kept us believing 

But I am still naive

We are sheep as such

We do colonise like ants and bees

Are bees sentient?

I think so

I don’t kill bees much, even though they could kill my bro with a sting and anaphylactic shock

I don’t kill spiders either

I sometimes pick ‘em up and throw 'em outside

I have no interest in killing, now that so much death has been done

It would have been fun to kill at least one person

It would have given me confidence.

And a Lizard’s tail is sentient, and a headless chicken

The head or the body?

Or the entanglement of life, living in the head and the body, for a few moments

There was a doctor who blinked as many times as he could

When his head was guillotined and his friend counted the blinks 

There was 7 blinks or maybe 17

His head in the basket

Blinking, like the Diving Bell and the Butterfly, dude

But I digress

I didn’t mean to be angry and write “could have been better” words onto the internet

I don’t think I was angry, I was mostly sad

I was on the moon, looking out the window

Putin sent the first nuclear bomb, it was intercepted, then the Yanks anihilated Moscow, the Chinese got involved next, and the whole shit show was like an after the pub party at my house, and it was all blokes, frustrated blokes and stupid carry on. We should have gone into town tonight and danced with women.

We should have taken taxis to the centre of the City.

I was worried. Would we make it?

All the infrastructure on Earth was set back

There’d be no more supply Spaceships from Earth

We had to make it now without support

And she was like, my Dad’s on an Asteroid and he’s like everything is groovy

I was like, I got as far as the Hornli hut only last week.

And she had spent her whole life on the moon, with the Internet in place of actual Earth and crowds of people, and sunlight burning like bitter cold. She’d never been in a hail or thunder storm.

Never ran down a mountain.

She’d lived with machines and virtual reality.

And she was happy, she knew nothing else

I guess she wasn’t sentimental for the reality of People on Earth, accustomed to a virtual connection

But she always said she knew the world wasn’t going to last. Maybe she was smart.


I was worried we wouldn’t make it.

But maybe her Dad was right

He was on an asteroid mining lithium, which could solve the energy storage problem


No comments: